Do you all read martawrites, by the most fabulous Marta? If not, you should.
On Saturday Chris and I were strolling around the gardeners market when I walked past Marta herself, in the flesh. I debated stalking her just to say hi. Chris thought I was crazy and I may have proved him right by marching over to introduce myself to a complete stranger. She is tiny and so cute, and completely gracious to be so nice to a random girl. I'm still kicking myself because Chris was standing right next to me with the camera, but I didn't think to get a picture until we were back to the car.
When we got back to the car I had to explain to Chris who Marta is. You know, her mom is the Travelin' Oma, the one who inspired me to start saving for a trip to Europe. And once I had him straight, I had to call Whitney, a fellow Marta fan, to share my exciting news.
Our conversation went a little like this:
Me: Whit! I just met Marta! At the gardeners market. I just went up to her and introduced myself.
Whit: You did?! I saw her last night while we were volunteering at the MS ride and I was going to. Brian thought I was weird. He was like, 'How do you know her?'
Me: Yeah, Chris thought I was weird, too. But I did it.
(That's one thing Marta and I have in common, best friend cousins named Whitney.)
Moral of the story? I love blogging. And Marta is just as wonderful in real life as she is on her blog. (She wrote about our encounter here, too sweet.)
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey! Thanks for linking to my blog. It's so fun to realize my virtual world has real people in it!
You should have at least gotten her autograph, because there is no one with more adorable handwriting than Marta.
How fun! That's awesome she mentioned you on her famous blog! You are pretty much a blogging celebrity now.
Post a Comment