I know you're all dying to know our final decision on Buffalo.
So am I.
The college wanted an answer from Chris early last week. Too bad they have been out of the office and on vacation. It makes negotiating a little difficult. And their counter-offers have frustrated me.
So, as it stands, we are most likely moving to Buffalo early- to mid- August. You know, soon. The collective bargaining agreement has us lured to moving then, whether or not the college responds to negotiations. (An automatic raise on August 16? Yes, we think Chris should start just early enough to benefit from that!) I wish I could give you more details-- when we'll need help packing and cleaning and hauling, because I'm sure that's what interests you. (I'll keep you updated.)
Remember how I said I didn't like Buffalo? Well, I take it all back. Please start planning your trip to come visit us and the wonderful city now.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow! exciting times :)
It is usually pretty fun to move! I know it will be really hard to be away from your fam, but enjoy the exploring! I hope it all goes well- I'm just sorry about the packing!
If you guys need a moving van, we have used ABF twice and loved it. They leave a semi-back thingy at your house, you use as much as you need (they charge by the foot) then they drive it over. It is affordable and leaves you with the chance to explore a bit on the way over without having to worry about your stuff being stolen, or driving those big vans. Then you can see some cities or fun places. Check it out! GOod luck!
You're right... we were dying to know! And now you won't have to field a million ?'s at the shower (maybe just a thousand ?'s!).
Congratulations on the decision and the new job for Chris. Luckily you're pretty savvy and I'm sure you will find the best things about Buffalo there is to find!
Yes I agree with Anna. I was about ready to call you and see what the decision was. I know you will fall in love with lose bisons:)
And yes we will plan a trip to come visit soon. I'm excited to see you on Saturday!
Congrats on the new job as well. I know how you feel about moving....what a pain! (but an excellent chance to throw out stuff). I'm sure it was a hard decision. Good luck on the negotiations!
Post a Comment