Congrats to Neighbor Jane Payne! Chris pulled your name out of the lot and I'll be sending you Cooking for Two 2009.
Here's the recipe for cold sesame noodles with shredded chicken. With it in their arsenal, everyone can be a winner!
Sauce:
2.5 TB soy sauce
1.5 TB sesame seeds, toasted
2 TB chunky peanut butter (or creamy butter with a few peanuts tossed in)
1 TB rice vinegar
1 TB brown sugar
1.5 tsp grated/minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, grated/minced
Hot water
Blend all ingredients except hot water in food processor or blender until smooth. Use hot water to thin sauce to consistency of heavy cream, if necessary.
Chicken and noodles:
1 (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast
8-9 oz fresh Chinese noodles or 1/3 lbs dried spaghetti noodles
1 TB salt
1 TB sesame oil
1/2 bell pepper, sliced into 1/4' strips
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/4" strips
1 carrot, peeled and grated
2 green onions, sliced thin on the bias
1 TB fresh cilantro (they say optional, but I say use it if you can)
1 TB sesame seeds, toasted.
Broil chicken 6 inches from broiler on a broiler rack that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray. Broil until lightly golden on each side, 10-12 minutes, with a flip about halfway through. Should register 160-165 degrees internal temperature. Let rest for about 5 minutes and then shred with two forks.
Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. After noodles are tender, drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
Toss noodles with sesame oil in large bowl. Add the sauce, vegetables and stir. Top with sesame seeds.
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two 2009. (It obviously makes enough for two.)
Oh, and our trip for Paris isn't until January. I'm one lucky girl because I get to go with three of my favorite people, Chris, cousin Whitney and her husband, Brian. It's almost bad, because I have such a long time to be giddy; it is going to be great!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hoooray for me! I KNEW I liked Chris :) Thank you, thank you.
Oooo, I'm going to try this! It sounds yummy!
Post a Comment