Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Where I've Been

Not blogging, that's for sure!

The past month I've been:
In Burley.
In Burley.
In Burley.
With the Hartwells.
With the Parishes.
Welding.
Not welding.
In denial/disbelief.
Being a bit of a realist and packing.
Not running at all.
Then running a 5 mile race. (I came in at the end of the pack, but I beat several of the 5k-ers!)
At softball games.
And ice cream parties.
Kissing on my Logan nephews as much as possible.
Forgetting I was hosting book club at my house.
...Until I got a call. And I was in Idaho. Ooops!
Visiting friends.
Wishing I could visit with friends more, and visit more friends.
And wondering how I can possibly see all the friends I want to before we move.
Half-heartedly looking at jobs.
Planning the landscaping for our complete blank canvas yard.
Still (somewhat) agonizing that the house I love is still on the market and price reduced.
Then getting excited for the house we're buying.
Hunting down good audiobooks.
And stockpiling treats for the long drive.
But mostly trying to convince myself I don't hate road-trips (And packing. And moving) as much as I do. It's sort of working.

And occasionally I realize that I spent a lot of last summer doing the same things (preparing to move). When I think of last summer, I say a prayer of gratitude that sounds a lot like, "Whew!"

1 comment:

kris said...

sounds exciting! let me know if you find any good audio books:) I have been looking for some for a few up coming drives. We will definitely miss you guys.