Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful Top Ten #9

#9- My family. I am so thankful for their love and support. It's been fun sharing our news with them and having them check up. Maternity clothing sources are fairly bleak here, so I'm thankful for my mom and Nikkala for scoping out sales and deals for me. So many experiences lately have made me long to be close to my family to share with them. (Like using the fake little belly at Motherhood maternity. Good times.)

I'm glad that as Chris and I started out on the PhD adventure I always felt I had the full support of my family. It wasn't fun saying goodbye, but I felt like they had faith in us to make the right choices for our life and that we'd succeed. They're behind us, cheering us on. Even if they don't like us being so far away (I'm looking at you, Mom).

I'm so grateful for the time I had to spend with my family, especially after getting married. They truly are some of our best friends. I'm glad that me going out to dinner with Chod and the nephews, while Nikkala and Chris were at church meetings, was no big deal. And for cousin's family home evenings, because I can't remember a night we left one without having had a good hearty laugh. And for Sunday nights spent lounging, eating and talking with the Smiths and the Stephens (and sometimes the Watts and Kate). The memories buoy me up.

I love phone chats with my dad, and getting to share my most recent missionary experience or get encouragement with Cub Scouts. I appreciate the approval and support I hear in his voice. I love getting little things in the mail from nieces and nephews. It helps me feel involved in their lives.

We have our trials, but I'm incredibly appreciative for the good family to which I belong.

No comments: