Our church is approximately 15-20 minutes away. In the past eight days, I have made seven trips to the church (set-up for ward Christmas party, ward Christmas party, church services, Cub Scout meeting, set-up for community Christmas service event, community service event, and church services). And if we hadn't been able to pull off some car-pooling with friends, we would have had an extra trip in there yesterday for tithing settlement.
Those trips equal three and one-half hours of my life over the past week spent in the car driving to and from the church. Whew! I miss the days when the church was two minutes away and we grumbled when we had to drive six or seven minutes to the stake center. I can't wait until our new--and closer-- meetinghouse is completed this spring! Maybe I then can volunteer for even more things. (I jest. I think I've about maxed out the opportunities. And our gas budget.)
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now that's a lot of gas! I've never lived 2 minutes from a church. I'll bet it is nice.
I remember that growing up. For a while, our building was 45 minutes away. It made my mom crazy sometimes after running kids to and from activities!
Post a Comment