Loves:
- Hair accessories visible from space. If the flower or bow happens to be bigger than her head, all the better.
- Bum ruffles. Bum ruffles. Bum ruffles! Nothing is cuter than a diapered bum dressed up with ruffles. Except for our baby [hopefully].
- Bold colors. Pastels are sweet, but I like a baby who is loud without screaming.
- And on the complete other end of the spectrum, soft neutrals, with just a hint of "girl" thrown in.
- Peter Pan collars and smocking. I'm a little bit "anti-saccharin sweet," but I can't resist these classic and old fashioned looks. You can throw in black patent leather Mary Janes, too. With white tights.
- Hats. Sweet, adorable hats.
- Baby swimming suits.
- Anything proclaiming her love for mommy, daddy, grandma, or grandpa. Or telling the world she is a princess. Or how cute she is, or spoiled, or messy, or any other cheesy saying.
- Licensed characters. Enough said?

5 comments:
I'm totally with you on those. :)
Bum Ruffles!! I completely agree. I'd have to add "merchandising" to my dislikes- I hate feeling like my kid is a walking advertisement for Disney or Dora or what have you. Congrats by the way! You'll be an awesome mom.
I can't wait to see your baby....
Haha! So true. Licensed characters don't bother me so much, but I can't stand the spoiled/princess kind of stuff!
Amen! Unfortunately some people love princess clothes and winnie the pooh so that's what they give to you as a gift. Oh well, we take what we can get right?
Post a Comment