Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The End is Coming

...Or at least I hope it is!

From the beginning, I never wanted to be the woman who whined and complained about being pregnant. I feel extremely blessed, so I didn't want to show ingratitude by complaining. But over the past few days I have started feeling very full of baby. Which is kind of uncomfortable. People still tell me I look small, but I can reassure them that there is plenty of baby inside of me.

Two weeks ago Baby Girl decided to flip to a breech/transverse position. She had me pretty nervous. And uncomfortable. It's hard to bend over when you have a belly, but much harder when the baby in the belly doesn't bend with you. I had to eat slightly reclined in my chair. Leaning over my plate, even a little, was out of the question. And in that position she was free to kick my bladder and hit some nerves that made me feel pretty queasy. Fun!

I met with a different mid-wife last week, just to get to know her in case she's the one on call when the baby comes. She told me, "I wish I could tell you she's not breech. But she is." Yeah, I can feel her head in my side, I know. The midwife even went as far as to refer to her as "a little stinker." My worst fears confirmed by a medical professional!

But, at my appointment on Monday she was back to head down (and scored us another ultrasound just to confirm. Good work, Baby Girl). I am feeling quite relieved and hoping she stays put. Everything I want from labor and delivery is to minimize the chance of a C-section. I was going to be quite bummed out if I did everything I could to reduce the risk, and then the little stinker stayed breech anyway. I know I'm not in control and that was a good reminder.

Another reason I'm glad the end is near? (Other than a baby...) I went to the grocery store this morning in my pajamas (leggings, t-shirt and sweatshirt), and Crocs. It's a slippery slope to sloppiness, and I'm afraid I'm starting down it. Guess that's what happens when your shirts get a little too short and you're just about sick of your clothes. It's time for some serious wardrobe remixing to pull me out of this nose dive.

Next week I'm term, and then four more weeks until baby! (That's what I tell myself so I don't get too anxious. Though we're getting prepared for an anytime surprise.)

5 comments:

Didi & Jason said...

Oh I hope her lil head stays down for you too! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. At this stage it's just so uncomfortable and whining is OK! Can't wait to see pics of the lil darlin!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This is very exciting Deidra. I'm excited to see you and Chris holding her.

Crocs, sweats, t-shirts? Sounds wonderful :)

Natalie said...

I feel for you! At this point life is just not comfortable. I am still looking sloppy six weeks after the birth, I go back to work soon and I am really looking forward to actually getting ready! Hang in there... Soon she will be here and you will be wishing she was back inside, this thought usually occurs around 3 am!

Annie said...

Deidra, I'm way happy for you! (The part where you're having a baby. Not the part where you have to eat at an incline.)

kim edvarchuk said...

I tried hard to stay dressed in real clothes the last 2weeks but I got so uncomfortable...I managed to not waddle in public but it was hard to not do that at home the last couple of days. The day before I went into labor I was hungry all the time...I could just eat and eat and eat. Think it was my body's way of storing up last minute energy...just to give you a heads up..