Chris has long been known in my family as the "Baby Whisperer." He just has a way with little ones that causes them to settle down, and often, fall fast asleep. (Unless he's trying to rile them up, which he does equally well.)
Back in the day, he and Chod would go to church meetings on Wednesday nights while I would hang out at Nikkala's house. Baby Lincoln would fuss and whine. His Uncle Chris would get home from meetings, take him, love on him, and quickly Baby Lincoln would be sleeping. Chris is magic and these results have been repeated with much success on babies at church and other social situations.
Flash forward to our own child, in utero. Early when I started feeling movements, I'd want to share with Chris. He'd usually miss them. I'd blame it on taking too long. But now, whenever she goes nuts (usually when I'm trying to fall asleep), all it takes is her daddy's hand on my belly to calm her down, though not perfectly so. It's not like he's never felt her move, kick or go crazy, but his hand on my stomach definitely calms her down. He just radiates something soothing.
Have I mentioned I'm so glad I'm married to Chris and that he's my partner as we go into parenthood? I am. It's hard to beat having an in-house Baby Whisperer. Baby Girl and I are lucky ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Would you consider loaning out your husband?? We have a restless one who would rather look out the window than sleep right now!
Post a Comment