Tonight a couple of girls in our ward hosted a "Baby Party" for five women who are having little girls within the next month, myself included.
It was so much fun and I felt so loved to have so many other women come to support us. (Each woman brought one present and then they were divvied up to the five moms-to-be.) It was a pretty big party. The hostesses put a lot of work into planning it and making it fun for everyone.
They had several games to play, some for us to "win" presents and some for the guests to win prizes. One of the games for the guests was to guess the moms by their baby picture. Only three of the five moms had given them pictures, so the hostesses had found nine others to make it extra tricky. Four of the moms-to-be are pretty light skinned and blond. One is from Thailand, so she definitely doesn't look like the rest of us!
I'd sent in the one baby picture I happen to have on hand:
As soon as people started looking at the pictures someone blurted out, "Number six (that would be me) is Lynn (that would be the Thai woman)!" Too funny. Everyone was quite surprised that Lynn didn't have a picture in the mix and that number six was me.
I love this picture. I love knowing that I was one dark baby. And that I perfected my scowl and my faux hawk at a young age. Looking at this picture makes me anxious to meet Baby Girl and see what she looks like. I'm rooting for a head of wild, crazy hair-- if for no other reason than to leave people scratching their heads when they see her as an adult and that she looked like that.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a sweet thing for the women in your ward to do. I love seeing your baby picture, too. It was almost like I could smell that beautiful new baby smell.
I am sad I missed it. You need to show me all the fun stuff you got. I am excited to see your cute baby too, would you hurry up already!
Oh that sounds so fun! I hope you are feeling nice and prepared with baby stuff now. It's coming so soon, Deid! I'm so excited for you!
And that picture really doesn't look like you! It's amazing how that happens. Even in the first month it's like they are a different person.
GOOD LUCK with everything its so exciting you'll love it!! keep us posted!
Post a Comment