Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Hips Don't Lie

I'm here to whine about my hips. Man, oh man, alive! They hurt. I've gone to the chiropractor 4 times in a week and a half.

A couple of weekends ago we went camping— more to come— and it was so much fun, minus the sleeping on our pad with my hips. Especially when I got to share my (mummy) sleeping bag with Millie. I don't know of anyone dying from painful hips, but I thought I might.

Last week was the first Relief Society activity I was in charge of. It was a big one and heavily influenced by this blog post. It turned out well and people seemed to really enjoy it. I was a bit afraid, never having worked with my committee before, but they banded together and got things done. One woman is recently returning to activity, and she proved herself to be quite the worker bee. I just flitted around, making sure everything was going alright and nothing was overlooked. All that flitting took a toll on me, because I couldn't get out of bed in the middle of the night. I walked like a little old lady. Painful hips.

I was hopeful yesterday's appointment got everything squared away, once and for all. And then I went and played two volleyball games. Why I only play in volleyball leagues when I'm pregnant? Not sure, but it can't be the best idea. This is a women's league, and a lot of fun. Our team is good and it's fun to play with them. But after I got home and sat down for a little while, my hips were telling me out-of-shape pregnant women shouldn't play that hard. (My raw toes, achy shoulder, tender fore arms and sore behind seem to agree with them.) But it was fun!

I'm feeling better this morning and hoping things stay where they're supposed to be. If you see me walking like a creaky old lady or reclining on an ice pack, just know, these hips don't lie.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it always more fun to play vb when you're prego and have bad hips, right? hope they stay put.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great pun for a title.

My sister Rachel's hips always kill her, too, especially when she was pregnant. Some of us have big enough ones I guess it's not so rough on us!

Unknown said...

WHAT?!! PREGNANT? CONGRATS my dear. I had no idea...did I miss the big announcement? Good luck with them hips. Maybe shaking them to some music will help?

Colette said...

My hips hurt all the time when I was pregnant. It was rough trying to sleep on them all night, since stomach and back sleeping were off limits. Good luck! And I am so excited for you!

Corrine said...

My hips hurt pretty bad too when I was pregnant. I think it's part of the hip expansion process and has nothing to do with whether or not you are in shape because it's your ligaments (?). What helped me was a pillow between my legs when I slept. But rolling over at night was the worst, you don't realize how much you use your hips when you move your legs from one side to the other! Good luck and congrats again on the exciting news!