Sunday, December 3, 2006

Christmas Cheer

Chris and I were asked to MC our ward Christmas party, which was held on Friday. Friday afternoon I got the idea that I wanted to dress up in tacky Christmas sweaters. Last minute we ran to DI, only to find another couple scouring the sweater racks, also looking for the tackiest sweaters to be found. We had to find another route-- and I think the stuff Chris found was pretty good.
People were totally digging the denim suit. They loved the vest. Chris had been nervous about wearing it, since he got it from the women's dept. I think he pulls it off nicely!

And why wouldn't they? I was kind of sad that no one commented on my outfit. I'm hoping that they didn't think I had it in my closet beforehand, and would actually wear it normally.

We had three couples play the "Newlywed Game." They included: our bishop and his wife, the Kites (who have been married the longest out of anyone in our ward... and in our ward forever, too), and the Fullers (just married a couple of months). Since we were hosting a game show, we tried our best to be awesome gameshow hosts from the 60s-70s. I think we did alright. I'll leave it up to Chris to explain some of the hilariousness of the night. Oh, Tommy!

We forgot to have people take pictures of us while we were MCing, but here we are with Santa and Mrs. Claus!
It gets me excited for Christmas-- and a chance to pull out that shirt again! ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nasty-very nice tackiness though! you make me proud!