I know Nikkala posted 100 things about herself, and I've seen it done on several other blogs. But, tonight I was ready for bed early, and well, I just don't feel like going to sleep, so I'm going to see if my currently overactive brain can come up with one hundred things to share. Here it goes:y
1. New Year's Day of my junior year of high school I came up with a middle name for myself (with mom's permission, or rather, indiference): Zoe. And it's stuck.
2. I like to cook, a lot. My sophomore year of college I seriously considered changing my major to culinary arts, or transferring to a culinary arts school. I still get emails from Le Cordon Bleu.
3. My 4th semester of college was my very favorite-- my internship semester.
4. My best friends from my college days came from my internship. I have very few people from before the internship that I am still in close contact with (minus 23E).
5. I love the smell of coffee, and coffee flavored candy.
6. My best friends from before the internship are family: Whit, Nikkala and Chod.
7. I love having a Mac so I can feel superior to lame PC users, although all I really use it for is surfing the net (and we own two PCs).
8. Chris and I bought a page-a-day calendar that has a different cross-word puzzle each day, and I love it.
9. My favorite subjects in high school were government and chemistry.
10. I still get excited about chemistry, especially when I remember stuff, but I don't love it like politics.
11. I own 5 pairs of slippers. But love my "man slippers" best.
12. I didn't ever imagine myself getting married before I was at least 25-- but I'm so grateful I am.
13. Sometimes I feel like I have to prove myself in my family.
14. I really enjoy my co-workers, and love laughing at people with them.
15. I get annoyed fairly easily with people.
16. I don't hold grudges. I get over things fairly quickly (Luke called me the most "hot-cold" person he'd ever met).
17. Whenever I see pictures, hear people talk about or otherwise am reminded of DC, I get a sort of "homesick."
18. I'm a fast reader, but I suck at retention.
20. My baby blanket had CareBears on it.
21. My favorite TV show is Jeopardy-- hands down.
22. Twenty-two is my lucky number. I think it took me until I was like 18 to put together the fact that my birthday was also on the 22nd (it was always just a family number).
23. I will turn 22 on the 22nd in May, 2007.
24. I tend to stock up on evaporated milk, sweet and condensed milk, cream cheese and beans everytime they go on sale.
25. I've been known to tell stockers at the grocery store that I'm "just looking." Sometimes I could probably spend hours at the grocery store.
26. My favorite grocery store of all time is Shoppers in Arlington, VA. It has so many ethnic foods that I could truly spend hours there, probably multiple times a week.
27. Each day, I realize more and more how amazing my parents are.
28. I often get distracted when looking words up in the dictionary. Sometimes I even forget what I was looking up in the first place, because I find so many other interesting words.
29. My closet is organized by color, and when I forget to close my closet doors, the sight of my rainbow makes me smile.
30. I love singing and dancing and being ridiculous with Tameka by the computer in the kitchen.
31. I can't wait to own my own home.
32. I have been referred to as the "prodigal daughter-in-law."
33. After stepping foot in Leven's, I had my wedding dress bought, paid for and fitted in less than an hour.
34. When I first talked to Chris on the phone, I pictured him as blonde, pretty tall, scrawny and a nerd. I was right in one respect.
35. I lived on chicken salads, chicken tacos, stir-fry, tomato soup, and cheese and basil pita pizzas my first 1.5 years of college.
36. I have an obsession about food. I connect events with what I ate, and I can recall almost everything I ate at different events. That's how I keep track of days, like on a vacation. If I remember what I ate, I can tell you what else we did that day.
37. I love NYC as a weekend get-away spot. My first trip was practically magical! (and I can tell you what we ate and what we did each day!)
38. I have seen a lot of the US of A. Pretty much all regions but the deep south.
39. I hate long car rides, and that seems to have become a summer Hartwell tradition.
40. Whenever I get stressed out, frazzled or otherwise upset, I reach from my USC sweatshirt from Frank. It's like a hug from a good friend.
41. Statistics 1040 was one of my favorite courses in my college career.
42. When I was in high school, I got told quite frequently that I was going to be an English teacher.
43. I worked harder than most of my guy friends in high school.
44. I know how to weld, and pride myself on it, although I know I probably couldn't hold my own in the real welding world (and wouldn't want to).
45. My freshmen roommate, Jessica, corrected my English when I would say, "at" at the end of sentences. I was offended at first, and now it drives me crazy when other people do it.
46. History is my least favorite subject.
47. I always wished I would have taken ballet and played a stringed instrument (particularly the cello).
48. I have little respect for authority, and like to refer to my friends' parents by their first names, or nicknames.
49. I hated golf at first, because I was always self-conscience. The more I play, the less I care.
50. When people ask what my hobbies are, I always say water-skiing and snowshoeing, although I don't do either very much any more.
51. Last spring I developed an obsession with the color green.
52. I thought I would love ceramics, but since it didn't come naturally to me, I got really, really frustrated with it.
53. I have a fear of failing that used to be kind of debilitating. I wouldn't do so many things because I didn't want to fail. I think I got it from my dad.
54. I love knowing that I have NorthWest Airline vouchers, and sometimes dreaming of using them for a weekend vacation gets me through the day.
55. Frequently when I start to type "Dear" at the beginning of a letter, I actually end up typing "Deidra," because of the way it starts (I did it when I typed "Dear" above).
56. I don't care much for Valentine's Day or for Halloween. Least for Halloween, especially since getting married.
57. My freshmen year of high school I missed only three days of reading my scriptures, and it was even the Old Testament. It's gone downhill from there.
58. I love watching Chris sleep (like now).
59. I'm usually quite awful at taking naps. My mind generally doesn't stop spinning enough to let me rest. But, lately Sunday afternoon naps have worked out almost too well for me.
60. I always transpose numbers, and have a hard time getting phone numbers straight in my head when people tell me them.
61. When I get tired and stressed out, I start writing words in the middle of the word, and have to go back to add the beginning on.
62. I love waking up early in the morning, and am definitely a morning person, but struggle so hard to convince myself of that when the alarm goes off.
63. I like rubbing [clean] feet.
64. I hate clutter, but feel like it's a constant battle I wage to prevent myself from piling it up.
65. I am a list maker.
66. After getting married, I would much rather purchase things for Chris than for myself. But don't worry, it's evening out.
67. I shop by touch. I walk through stores touching everything.
68. As a general rule, I get really ornery after 10:30 at night.
69. I am a "right on time" person. I hate to be early, and I don't like being late. Except to church-- I've got to be early there.
70. Cats gross me out.
71. When I was little, I used to steal kitchen utensils and use them to "prepare" comfrey leaves and other plant material I could get my hands on.
72. I loved growing my own garden and canning last summer. It made me feel so self-sufficient.
73. I am a front-row pew sitter at church, just like my parents.
74. My favorite breakfast cereal is Kashi GoLean, but not GoLean Crunch. I like that it keeps me full for so long.
75. I am a wannabe granola.
76. I am terrible at remembering historical dates.
77. The number 77 reminds me of Kim Hobson, who reminds me of J-Dogg and prarie dogs.
78. Music and entertainment just aren't my "thing."
79. I know a little about a lot of things, but not a lot on just a few things. (Jack of all trades, master of none!)
80. I make this weird noise by pushing air between my teeth and cheek (I don't know how to describe it) that drives Chris crazy, and generally I don't even notice I'm doing it.
81. When I first starting reading blogs (while I was scanning all day and had nothing better to do) I would refer to them as "articles" when talking about them to Chris, because I was embarrassed about all the blogs I read.
82. My mom is a really good cook, but she's the worst sugar cookie maker. And I rarely have the patience to make sugar cookies.
83. I was a major loner in grade school, but always thought it was okay, because I thought I was smarter than everyone else.
84. I have a special affection for fight songs. From White Pine, to Burley High, USU (both) and now, GWU's, I like them!
85. I always have really good intentions of socking away all our money to put in savings, but then something else comes up. Like groceries, and new this week, new rear brakes.
86. Working in the Senate was my favorite job I've ever had.
88. I love public radio and public television. I used to get really annoyed during pledge time, but now I always want to donate.
89. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was about 8.
90. My freshmen year at USU I had this consuming obsession with fiber. I could tell you how much fiber was in almost anything.
91. I love Mr. Rogers, and have his autograph (or at least I hope it is still at home somewhere).
92. I hate when people ask what you can do with a political science major (whatever the freak I want!)
93. I used to eat tofu quite frequently. And I never bought red meat and rarely bought cheese. Then I got married...
94. I miss my daily lunch group arguments, discussions and catching up on each others' lives. (I've missed it for a while, actually).
95. My first "own" bedroom was decorated in peach and light blue bunnies. Now that's hot.
96. I really like Arts and Craft design, as well as Shaker. They're both clean lined, but they are warm, too.
97. Whenever I chew "green gum" (the neon green kind) I chew it on one side of my mouth and form logs/rolls out of it, and then let it hang out the side of my mouth, just like Uncle Troy.
98. Our bedroom sheets are pink, and they kind of drive me crazy, but what can you do when you're given three sets of sheets?
99. I really like maple nut ice cream and Maple Nut Goodies.
100. I wanted to be a barrel-racer when I was little. Then Dad bought me that horse, I thought him and Mom were going to get a divorce, he took it back and my cowgirlin' days were over.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When I chew green gum I get gas. I think it has too much juice.
Post a Comment