Sunday, June 8, 2008

Differences

We're back in DC after our whirlwind weekend trip to Eastern Idaho for Chris's youngest brother's wedding. Upon our arrival back at our apartment, I couldn't help but think of some of the differences between Idaho and DC.

Idaho:
  • 41 degrees, extremely windy and downright cold
  • rental car
  • family and good friends who take care of us
  • empty roads and full church parking lots this morning
  • at one fill-up, we got gas for $3.75/ gallon
  • lots of open space, and mountains!
DC:
  • 98.8 degrees outside our apartment, with 41% humidity. Hot and muggy, and I'm sure it will only be getting worse!
  • Metro and buses
  • our own quiet little apartment
  • Sunday is just another day. It's a day to shop, play and get things done for most people
  • gasoline at the corner gas station-- $4.35/ gallon
  • people, stores and buildings galore
Different, but each with their own benefits. During some of our driving (there was a great deal of it), I told Chris that I wished that we could just split our time between places, getting to be where we wanted to be, when we wanted to be. Without the hassle of traveling. He told me he doesn't think it works that way. Darn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun that you're living the summer back east. I don't know if I feel jealousy or relief. I totally agree, there is definite pros and cons to the east and west. I'm so happy you have tons of fireflies, they are the coolest little bugs ever! Oh, enjoy Trader Joe's. One of my favs is there Aussie strawberry licorice. Enjoy it while it lasts!!