I snagged some chopsticks from the cafeteria and we bought the fixings for s'mores. Our gas stove had to work as a campfire. It seemed to do the trick just fine!
As it started getting dark we enacted part 2 of our "camping" experience. Since wishing for Mason jars, I found six of them in our apartment. Since western kids don't get the chance to catch lightening bugs, we got to make good on childhood dreams. Chris had protested trapping the poor innocent bugs, but he got into it once he started seeing it as a challenge. (The night before I had snagged on mid-air on our walk home from the grocery hard. It made it feel deceptively easy.) We both agreed that we loved watching the other running around the yard waving a Mason jar. The bugs didn't light up too much in captivity, and I'm sad to say that we did have a casualty the next morning (Chris was right).
We will get to join our ward in Logan for the ward camp-out, so we still have one camping opportunity ahead of us!

1 comment:
How brilliant! I absolutley love it. When is the ward campout? We have also felt like we were missing out on no camping this summer. Logan canyon is calling our names...
Post a Comment