Friday, August 7, 2009

Saying Goodbye

When we heard that my grandma wasn't doing well Tuesday afternoon I made the trip home with Nikkala and her boys. We talked about Heaven, and going to live with Heavenly Father, why Grandma would be sad, and how we wouldn't be able to see my nephews' great-grandma after she went to live with Heavenly Father. (And no, she wouldn't go to live with him in the temple.)

It's a little confusing to a three-year old, but I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of what comes next, and that we'll be able to see each other again.

I will always treasure those last few memories made in her hospital room that night. Of Whitney laughing through her tears, and Grandma's last, "My gads!" Of hugs and stories. Lots of family, just as it's always been, and as it should be. She was literally surrounded by family that night. And though she made it until this morning, I'm glad I got my chance to tell her I love her, told her to have a good night and sleep tight. And for those last few kisses.

Thanks for all the memories. I love you!

Obituary here.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm so sorry Deidra...and yet so glad it could be so sweet. My thoughts are with you today.