Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And I Thought Squirrels Were Nasty

I got home from volleyball last night around 10:30. As I pulled in the driveway I caught two beady little eyes in the headlights. Turned them off, then realized it was a possum(!) in our backyard. Turned the lights on again to freeze the nasty sucker and gave out some screams. Chris was in the kitchen and noticed my lights off and on, so got to see our nasty neighbor amble across the lawn and climb up one of our trees.

Lying in bed I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking how that nasty creature was out there with his beady eyes and sick rat tail. *Shudder!*

7 comments:

chartie said...

M R possums!

M R Not!

S M R! C M E D B D Is?

L I B! M R possums!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Now Chartie has one fine comment.

I hear they make a fine stew. Better than tofu.

Karisa said...

I'd be paranoid about them finding a way inside.

The Nate and Sara Project said...

I too last night laying in bed, shuddering. Mine was due to a large, fast beetle, inside the house. I can't decide if I would trade that for a possum. Either way, ICK

The Nate and Sara Project said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty P said...

Kinda reminds you of Possum Come aKnockin" huh? Where was Grannie when all this was taking place?

kim edvarchuk said...

I remember possums. They were a staple in Virginia. They use to run along our fence and drive our dog crazy. They remind me of the R.O.U.S.' from Princess Bride. They are disgusting and surprisingly mean!