Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Video Chatting with my B

It's not quite the same as hugging, poking, cuddling,swimming, eating, or loving on him in person, but it will have to do for the meantime. He still keeps me laughing. Observe:
  • We were having some technical difficulties with sound the first session. I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. Bentley yelled, "Turn on your stupid computer!"
  • After first time we chatted he just kept saying, "No. Don't go. Stay here with me." But when I insisted that I needed to go, he said, "Okay, but hurry and come back to me."
  • I was giving them a seasick tour of our house. I quickly panned around the kitchen, pointing out our built-in microwave. Bentley insisted that I go back and show him more of the microwave. He asked if it worked, and I confirmed that it did. He didn't believe me and insisted that I turn it on and show him.
  • One day I was wearing a red shirt. He asked me for a few minutes why I was wearing "that kind of shirt" and told me I needed to be wearing a shirt like his. I'm still not sure why he was so obsessed.
  • And another time, when it was time to end our chat, he said, "You just need to hurry and come back to the big square on my computer, okay?"
  • He and Chris play a little game where Bentley opens wide and shows us his tonsils, pretending to eat Chris/the camera. Chris disappears from view of the camera, Bentley laughs, then he spits [all over the computer screen] and Chris reappears.
  • Today I was chatting with him and Nik needed to shower. Bentley was coming up with all sorts of crazy dress-up outfits for my amusement, so Nik left to shower. Then the doorbell rang. I knew they were having a meeting at their house, but Nikkala was in the shower. Bentley went to open the door and I told him not to. Then he said he was going to lock it. The doorbell rang again. I told him just to peek to see if it was someone he knew there for the meeting. He peeked and slammed the door. Apparently it was a man he didn't know. Then there was a knock at the door. I didn't know what to do! It wasn't like I could physically do anything if the man tried coming in. Finally he left, Nikkala got out of the shower (informing me the door was locked, so the man couldn't have burst in anyway), people arrived for the meeting and the man there to clean their gutters came back again to let them know they were there.
  • Nikkala was telling me about eating treats and playing with balls on their patio for FHE when the neighbor kids started hovering and took their balls. Bentley added that one of the kids was picking his mom's flowers. Nikkala told the kids to go home. I know there are some kids in their neighborhood that they are okay with, and some that don't have any sense of manners. I asked Nik if the kids that were there were the "trashy kids." Bentley then told me how he started hitting (Nik says it was more like shooing) the kid picking his mom's flowers. I asked him if hitting was nice. His answer? "No. But they were trashy kids!" Still capable of corrupting him from 2000 miles away. (As soon as I said "trashy" I regretted it. He made me regret it even more.)

    2 comments:

    The Nate and Sara Project said...

    I love that you can still babysit from across the country. :) And "come back to my big square on the computer" is by far the cutest thing I have ever heard. What would we do without computers?

    Unknown said...

    oh, that kid! he has got to be the funniest one i know!