Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday Lunch

Yesterday we had for lunch (in no particular order):
  • Steak
  • Shrimp
  • Tomato basil pasta salad with chicken
  • Cheesecake, with fresh raspberries for me and chocolate sauce for Chris
Then we moved on to the second round:
  • Eggroll
  • Chicken fried rice
  • Orange chicken
  • Grapes and blueberries
The rest was sort of hodge-podge:
  • PB & J
  • Turkey and ham lunch meat
  • Potato chips
  • String cheese
  • Fish sticks
  • 3 Meat pizza
  • Granola bar
  • Turkey sausage
  • Grandma's chocolate chip cookie
  • Yogurt
  • Jerky
  • Candied almonds and pecans
  • And Gatorade to top it all off
Let's just say that Lafayette's Sam's Club is our favorite Saturday lunch spot. It is far and away better than any other warehouse store I've been to in the sample department. It's sort of embarrassing to list off everything that we ate. The sheer amount of samples kept me laughing at it's absurdity. I guess it's good that we had an apple before we went in.

Have you ever had a feast out of samples before? Would you do it or are you too good for that kind of thing?

6 comments:

Jean said...

That. Is. AWESOME. Way to make a feast of samples!!! Samples were always my favorite thing about Costco (when we had a Costco). I even trained Weston to point out the sample tables as I pushed the shopping cart around the store (and he grew to look forward to all the little snacks as much as I did). If ONLY I could make a feast like you guys did... you obviously went at a GREAT time!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

I sleptover at my best friends house practically every friday night growing up. For lunch on Saturday, her dad ALWAYS took us to Sam's club. No joke. To this day, if you are there visiting on Saturday, everyone picks up and heads to Sam's for lunch. :)

Karisa said...

At first I was quite concerned, but those little plastic cups are great for portion control. Way to go!

kim edvarchuk said...

Agree with Karisa....I was impressed at your abilities to put down that much food until I got to the end of the post. Nick and a friend used to always have to run to Sam's Club on Saturdays and I couldn't understand why...until I found out they were having "lunch" there....go figure!

kris said...

Of course I would do it! and have done it! :)

Patty P said...

No wonder you didn't feel so good on Sunday!