Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back in the IN

I've been back in Indiana for three full days. It's so nice to have my husband around again. Though school really seems to be amping up. The first day home, I did nothing but veg. I never left the house. I thought it was a decent way to unwind after two long days in the car. (Much, much longer than the ride out, it seems.)

Yesterday we celebrated Chris's 33 birthday in a pretty low-key way. There was lunch at Institute, him coming home with me (treat for me!), buying his birthday wallet (Mom, I would never have known his specifications, so it's good he got to pick it out), a mid-afternoon meal at Steak'n Shake and then a CLUE murder mystery party to finish off the night. I'm so glad he's my husband. He had me laughing out loud twice before he left in the morning. He's just all around great.

Today started with pumpkin spice waffles with pecans, then was spent running some errands, taking naps, working on tomorrow's church talks (Chris is much better prepared than I), decorating for Halloween, preparing birthday treats for a low-key get together tomorrow, cleaning house and just having a low-key day.

I had a great trip to Utah and Idaho. I saw family, friends, mountains, and had a great time. I ate Mom's cinnamon rolls, laid in bed chatting with Mom and Dad, attended the Logan and Twin Falls temples, I water skied in October, left impending dreary weather and came back to more 80 degree temps. I visited the orchard and pumpkin patch. I slathered on lots of baby lotion and tried to get my fill of the Stephens boys to last me until Christmas. I faced threats from a bully. I laughed at sneaky creatures, monkeys jumping on the bed, ice cream in belly buttons, and Lincoln squawking "DEID!" I didn't take many pictures, but I loved it and mentally recorded all the awesome moments.

No comments: