Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Top Ten #10

#10- Chris. I already know word's can't fully do my gratitude justice.

I had a hard time realizing this pregnancy was real. Even after hearing the heartbeat, it still felt pretend. But one day I realized that it was, indeed, real. And the first thing I told my baby was this: "I love your dad." And I do. I hope that this is fully apparent to our kid. And to anyone else who sees us interact.

I'm so thankful for the five plus years we've had with just the two of us. That wasn't the plan (though I don't know that there was a plan). I'm grateful for the places we've gone, the things we've seen, the experiences we've had, and the leaps and bounds we've grown together. It's fun to look back on our life and see how we've gotten to where we are. Having these experiences tucked away gives me courage that we can take on whatever else comes our way.

I still don't know how my 19 year-old self didn't blow it and managed to end up with such a catch. I sometimes feel bad when wives start talking about their husbands. It feels like I'm rubbing it in their faces that I got such a good one. "Chris does the dishes.... He made me breakfast... He'll make our bed... Ran to the store to get it for me... Has a magical touch with babies..." And then I wonder why he bothers to keeps me around!

Recently I was deciding between two different patterns. After disagreeing with me, Chris told me, "I also trust your vision, so if you go with the zebra, I'll trust you." I'm so thankful he gives me his vote of confidence, even when he's not so sure. It's a huge boost to know that he thinks I'll choose wisely.

Last week he had a scheduling change, so he got to come to a volleyball game of mine for the only time this season. I loved hearing his little bits of encouragement as I got up to serve and his praise when I had a good play.  And that's how he is every day. I'm so grateful I get to stand by his side and be blessed by his goodness. I love him.

2 comments:

The Gracie Jones blog said...

So sweet...you brought a tear to my eye in the first paragraph. And we all know why Chris keeps you around Deid. :)

Jean said...

Awww, you guys are so darn cute!! Your little nugget hit the JACKPOT!!