- Apparently if I put it on the menu, I'll remember. I've learned that about a lot of other things, but this is the first for 12of12. I don't miss checking in when it comes to food.
- Freezer waffle with PB and syrup, chocolate milk and a grapefruit for breakfast. I may be in love with grapefruit. We eat a lot of it around here.
- We often have little animal tracks across the snow on our driveway and patio.
- Another Christmas card arrived in the mail today, so I think this cheerful sight can stay up until Valentines cards start coming in. The rest of the Christmas decorations might need to go...
- I highly suggest mailing gifts you've received (and dirty laundry) to yourself. It heightens the anticipation. It's like getting the gift twice! I've been looking forward to this box arriving for over a week.
- The snowplow went past our house no fewer than six times (that I heard) today. They take clearing the roads quite seriously, yet schools were still closed today.
- I've never had a load of "pinks" before. Yippee! We may not have a car seat or a crib, but we do have All Free & Clear to wash baby clothes in.
- I had planned on running errands today, but the snow kept falling. I shoveled the driveway [twice] yesterday, and didn't feel like doing it again today.
- I turned on a little Pat Arp, because he makes me laugh, and made Chris dance with me when he got home from school (and after he shoveled the driveway). The photos got progressively worse, but we had a good time. Then we turned on songs with "girl" in the title and danced while we made dinner.
- On my way home from scouts. I didn't want to go, thinking I could blame it on the snow, but guilted myself into going. Started our 15 minute Cub Master meeting to find out that the committee meeting was canceled. Only really bitter to see the email in my inbox, that, due to the snow there would be no scouts. Grrrrrr.
- Refilling my prenatal vitamin prescription at the trashy supermarket just a few blocks from our house. I'll lower my standards for free "drugs." (This was before scouts.)
- Munching away my sorrows with kettle corn. In a last minute change, both the sister missionaries in our area are being transferred tomorrow, and because I was at scouts, we didn't have a chance to say goodbye. Boo hoo. Thankfully their joke was just a joke and we're not getting elders. But still.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
12of12 January
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's always fun to see snippets of your life Deidra, I'm glad you do 12 on 12.
Brilliant idea to mail your presents and dirty laundry home. How funny.
Ohhhh, those sister missionaries will leave a hole in our heart, won't they?
I love that you eat your waffles with peanut butter too. Clay's family always thinks I'm so weird when I get the pb out for breakfast. And I'm starting to think our Christmas decor needs to come down...I just wish someone would come do it for me!
12 of 12 makes me so happy. Maybe it's cause I feel like I've just spent my day with you. Or maybe it's just that your killer camera takes superb pics. :) Either way, I love, love it. And I also love grapefruit. And kettle corn. Is that weird that my favorite parts of your day is the food?? That's probably just because I don't have a pink load. ;) Miss you
Post a Comment