On Monday Chris and I took advantage of his day off (why do they offer up MLK and not President's Day? President's Day is one of my favorites) and headed to Chicago, specifically to the Museum of Science and Industry. We'd heard ravings and it happens to be free for most of January, so we decided, along with the rest of Indiana and Illinois, to visit.
| You would have though the lines were for Disneyland |
I was completely mesmerized by the real fetuses. The line was long, so we just butted in at the end. Sadly, the fetus collection jumps from 26 weeks to 38 weeks, and I was exactly 28 weeks that day. It completely blew my mind to see this perfect little baby, albeit male, and think that our Baby Girl is a real live baby. She's not a head of cauliflower, as suggested by silly books. She's a baby. One that's perfectly human.
![]() |
| 28 weeks, on the money. All pregnancy shots should be taken in a fun-house mirror. As long as it's the right fun-house mirror... |
It's kind of blown my mind to imagine a baby in my stomach and have an actual size reference for her, rather than some produce from the grocery store. It makes me all the more excited to meet her. Though after the museum we went shopping for baby gear and it stressed me out in a huge way. So many choices! So much money! So much unnecessary stuff! But some stuff still necessary in order to legally bring her home from the hospital. Chris got into it, and my goodness, he's going to be one adorable daddy-o.


3 comments:
Deidra, this is so fun to take this pregnancy journey with you via your blog. I'm so excited for you.
Watching your husband become a daddy is by far the sweetest thing on this earth. Can't believe you are already 28 weeks!!! You're practically done! (Though, the last approx. 6 weeks were the hardest for me, because I just wanted it to be done and meet that baby! So, try to enjoy just being pregnant. :)
What a fun way to spend the day. I went and bought a crib to celebrate MLK. I agree....too many choices and too much stuff for one little baby! And love the photo of the fun mirror. Definitely should be how pregnancy shots should be taken. I'm 33 weeks this week and I can't believe it! Time flies!
Post a Comment