Tuesday, September 13, 2011

12of12 September

click to enlarge
  1. Apparently, I'm sensitive about being an early riser. Though I haven't been an earlier riser for a while, I still consider myself one. It's in my blood. And Jon dared to challenge that, so I had a chip on my shoulder. (To his defense, he's only known me as a pregnant woman and new mom.)
  2. An early morning load of laundry in my newest anniversary present. And then we discovered the water heater was leaking.
  3. You don't eat breakfast with spray paint and caulk on your table? Hmm.
  4. Putting up some more trim in the bathroom.
  5. Getting there. More trim to be carved out for the corners, caulking and painting left to do in the bathroom update.
  6. Swaddle weaning. It kills me. We're starting by alternating arms out at nap time, full swaddle at night. Then no swaddle during nap time and one arm at night. We'll get there.
  7. She loves the excer-saucer thing. And I love the shoes Marcella pointed out at a garage sale on Saturday. And those legs.
  8. Shopping for upholstery fabric to redo the grimy glider.
  9. Our patio set went from very oxidized yellow to hammered oil rubbed bronze. (Note my spray-painting buddy in the background.)
  10. She makes silly squeeks and coos and drools like crazy when she makes this face.
  11. A little buddy I found while weeding the flower beds. They've been around this summer, and still fascinate me.
  12. The most pathetic peach dessert. It frustrated me, and then I was just sad. I'd been looking forward to it for a while.
I'm so glad for 12of12. It's nice to record life so thoroughly every month and watch the changes. Plus, it encourages me to document the moments. Millie and I laid out on a blanket, watching the sun filter through the leaves of the tulip tree. I tickled her and she gave me full-on giggles. Then she watched the trees and sky so intently, listened to the puppy next door and got smooches from her mom. I was glad for an excuse to document it.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

So many things to comment on!

I love the beadboard and chairrail trim in your bathroom.

I also love Millie's shoes and the fact that you found them at a yard sale makes it even better.

How exciting to have good appliances.

I'm glad you document through 12 on 12, too. It's fun to see the snapshots of daily life.