Wednesday night Millie was up until 10:30. We couldn't figure out what was wrong, but we sure tried a lot of options. Then yesterday she took just an hour and a half long morning nap (usually she sleeps for two plus hours), and then just a half hour nap in the afternoon (again, usually she goes for two). Chris had a meeting, so I tried everything I could to keep her awake a little longer, but at six o'clock I couldn't take it any more (and neither could she), and it was lights out almost as soon as she was in her crib.
I was on the computer killing time until Chris got home and kept thinking, "I could probably lie down right now and fall asleep."
Chris got home at seven, and as he was eating his dinner I told him I was ready for bed. He said, "Okay, let's go to bed!"
So, by eight o'clock we were in bed, prayers said and scriptures read. I was afraid it would take me a while to zonk out, but no longer than usual.
We got about 10 1/2 hours of sleep at this house last night and I can't think of anything better. We might be implementing an earlier bedtime as the new norm. Along with health, wealth and wisdom, I think happiness and patience get left out. Life is surely better when we're all well rested.
After reading this Chris asked me, "Did you know I got up at 9:00 and went and read an article until 10:00?" Nope, I was so sound asleep I didn't. I guess we weren't all as tired as I was!
Friday, December 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love days like this! Feels sooo good.
Post a Comment