Monday, November 28, 2011

I Like Being Married to Chris

I like when Chris has breaks from school. It's nice to hang out with him. And hanging out with him is a good refresher course on why I love him.

◙ We went to Monster Golf on Saturday. With our baby. (Dear AmEx Small Business Saturday promo, I love you. But that's for another post.) Nothing spells family time like black lights, glowing skeletons on the wall and life-sized aliens and monsters. Chris gave me every gimme and chance to do well, and he still won. While wearing Millie in a front pack.

At one point he said, "I think Millie is going to have a seizure from the lights." She didn't. In fact, she loved it.

◙ Jon and Marcella like to use Invisible Kool-Aid and trick people who think they're drinking water. But yesterday, they came here for dinner and Chris started thinking. He decided to trick them and make flavor-less Kool-Aid (water + food coloring). Jon started to say, "Wait, this doesn't...   Oh." Then Marcella took a drink and said, "This Kool-Aid doesn't taste!" Chris thought he was so clever. He makes me laugh.

◙ Today we were unloading the dishwasher. There was a hair in the silverware Chris was putting away, so he handed me the hair. I asked, "How did my dingle hopper get in the dishwasher?!" Chris just stared at me. "Dingle hopper. You know, Little Mermaid? Dingle hopper— a fork?"

Chris's reply, "I'm the second of four boys. We didn't watch the Little Mermaid much. Plus, it came out when I was in college {sarcasm}. I thought you meant dingle berry. And that's gross."

Yes it is.

◙ Only three weeks until Christmas vacation. And yes, we're counting.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I can't stop laughing! The Little Mermaid part was so funny.

Anonymous said...

bahaha, dingle hopper. i feel as though we used to use a lot of funny phrases from our family (and i believe your uncle bart?!)

Troy and Brittany said...

Ok that dingle hopper story made me laugh really hard because I thought of dingle berries as well. Gross, yes, but funny!

Callie said...

I thought your dinglehopper comment was quite clever, I knew exactly what it was when I read it. Also, Chris's dingleberry comment made me laugh out loud at my desk at work.

I feel the same way when I get to spend time with Zack. He's always at work or school these days that when we actually get to hang out I think, "Oh yeah, this is why I love you."