Friday, July 13, 2012

12 of 12: Home and Teething

  1. The day started, ended and was filled with lots of this. We hate teething.
  2. It's the little things about being home I appreciate. Like playing some mellow music during breakfast. (I scored this really nice iPod dock for $10 at a garage sale, not long after mentioning wanting a better one. Hoorah!)
  3. Post vacation fiber reboot. Kashi and chia seeds in my yogurt and super fiber bread for breakfast. 
  4. I really hate having the AC running 24/7, but it's better than a hot house first thing in the morning.
  5. A little happier for lunch. For a little while, anyway.
  6. My lunch. The first garden tomatoes we've picked (our friends got others while we were gone), garlic & herb Laughing Cow cheese and some Parmesan, broiled on bread. Yum.
  7. Millie is wanting more independence while eating. Sigh. She made a good mess of herself while feeding herself some yogurt. Mostly in her hair.
  8. Otter Pops are magic.
  9. Grocery shopping at Aldi and restocking the fridge.
  10. With Millie not feeling well and cloth diapers, the sanitize setting is my favorite feature of our washing machine.
  11. Salmon patty burgers for dinner.
  12. Late night watching of Failure Club.
After getting home the night before after being gone for two weeks, the day was pretty lame. We took it easy since Millie was having a really rough day and I wasn't feeling all too hot. It was a lazy vegging kind of day. I did pull weeds, water the yard and turn the compost bin. It was fun checking in on the yard and garden. But other than that, we took it easy. We were supposed to host three young men for youth conference, but they ended up not needing us. And so we left the living room a mess and went to bed! All but a waste of a day. Embarrassed I had to document it.

1 comment:

kim edvarchuk said...

Teething is NOT fun for baby or Mom. Sadie thankfully only has one more set of molars and then we are done for a long time. I found the molars were the worst! They took forever to come in and Sadie was really cranky and uncomfortable for at least a week or more. You have my sympathies!!!!