I have not been excited about the move to Buffalo, as anyone who as talked to me knew. I didn't want to. I felt it would be alright if we moved there, but I was filled with dread and loathing anytime I thought about it. I would go, but I wouldn't like it. My only consolation was that it wasn't permanent.
With less than three weeks until the moving truck pulled up in front of our apartment, Chris was doing some more trainings for one of his part-time, consulting jobs. He had told his supervisor about the impending
Chris told him he would have to see, depending on what they could offer and what exactly the job description would be. And then he wondered if he should tell me and get my hopes up. Chris decided that in order to make a good decision, all of the options had to be on the table, whether or not they were likely to work out or not.
He told me and I thought he was kidding. I told him he better not be joking with me, or I would kill him. It isn't cool to mess with a girl's emotions like that. (And my heart was set on it as soon as I knew it was a possibility.)
Long story short: Chris was offered the job here in Logan. It pays more than Buffalo. We wouldn't have to move. We could stay in our comfortable, ghetto apartment, with discounted rent and free heat. We wouldn't have to box up all of our stuff quite yet. I could see my garden come to fruition. I could can with my sisters, watch my nephew learn to walk and continue on with my happy little life.
Chris wrote the college in Buffalo last night, laying everything on the table. He told me we would seriously have to consider it if they matched the offer. He just got an email telling him that they withdrew their offer of employment. No trying to negotiate-- just done. I couldn't be more excited. Hello happy life in Logan!
(And scratch all our goodbyes, requests for moving help and invitations to visit Niagara or Palmyra; we'll still take visitors in Logan!)

8 comments:
I was just plotting a moving package for you, but I guess that is no longer needed! Hooray for you guys!
OH YAY!!! Deidra, I'm so happy for you!! That sounds SO much better, staying in Logan. And congrats to Chris!
Wohoo!!!! Congrats, that is really great! I'm always jealous of people who get to stay in Logan, I had a dream I was there last night even. Although everyone was living on top of Logan Peak and internet was $1400/year. Still worth it. ;)
Deidra, if I was close enough I would personally deliver the bottle of bubbly to you. I'm glad a better deal came along.
I also got your package in the mail last night! Thank you, thank you. I cannot wait to try it.
Ahhhh! Well we will have to cancel our vacation plans for next year:) So glad you guys can stay close!
Okay great!!! Let's still have a party, only it can be a "going to stay" party instead of "going away". I'm so glad. That garden thing is a big deal isn't it? We moved to Richmond just when my pathetic little garden in Logan was coming in....I was bummed.
Anyway, again, SO glad!!
not that it matters but the the mirriors on the car actually pull in and thats why they are so close to the car... that was a fact I am sure you didnt care about. I am so excited that you get to stay in Logan... I think that is great since you werent totally excited about the other. love you!
Congrats. Its always nice to get what you really want isn't it? We're glad to hear you are staying too!! We definitely should have a "staying in Logan" party! (post from Kim)
Post a Comment