Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day Weekend

Chris and I went to the Salt Lake City temple on Friday. Partly because the Logan temple has been closed this month, partly because I've never been there for anything other than sealings, and partly because it's close to our jeweler and my wedding ring has been broken and out of commission for about two months.

We barely missed a session, and had to wait for an hour until the next one. And then the session took over three hours. It was quite long. Which explains the lack of pictures. Once we were done, Chris was not up for walking to the parking garage to retrieve my camera and back for a picture. He was hungry and tired. And that was that.

We planned to start Pioneer Day with a 5k fun run. I woke up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug, as did the Stephens. Chris decided that he would rather sleep than run alone, so he went back to bed.

We had also planned to defend our title at the Bridgerland Games. Our competitive side was sparked further when we saw they had wrongly named someone else the champ on their website. We have the trophy to prove our win! Chris went with a friend, Tameka and Ty, but they missed most of the competition. I spent the day lounging around, reading, and trying to make myself drink fluids. Blah.

Later that night, I finally felt well enough to leave the imprint of my backside on the loveseat. We headed to Nik and Chod's for fireworks and donuts. The sickies know how to party.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about your sickness. that's no way to spend a holiday.

Lisa said...

Yucky! No fun being sick! I hope you feel better :)