Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Senses

Love:
Tastes like homemade lasagna and French bread from Mom's recipe.
Looks like my prenatal vitamin, set out for me each morning on my place mat.
Smells like warmed rice bags, tucked in at the foot of our bed each night.
Sounds like The Family Feud theme music and helping each other come up with answers (via the ridiculous Facebook game).
Feels like a little head in the right side of my stomach and her daddy's cold hand on my belly to feel her movements.

 How do you sense love? I'd enjoy it if you'd share with me in the comments!

6 comments:

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Love this post, made me a little bit teary.

Love to me sounds like my girls making each other giggle all day. No better sound!

chartie said...

Tastes like homemade bread.

Smells like newly washed clothes.

Looks like a plethora of Chirstmas cards or Valentines on our wall.

Feels like nervousness for the unknowns of being a dad.

Sounds like a wife encouraging me to keep studying, even when I feel like I can't.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

A carrot in my valentine mailbox!

Anna said...

Telling my 5-year-old that we can't go to lunch because we don't want to spend the $. Then watching her get a baggie right when we get home, empty her piggy bank into it & give it to me so we could have more $! :)

Oh, and open-mouth baby kisses!

The Nate and Sara Project said...

Tastes like (something similar to) molten lava cake from a cafe in Paris.

Looks like my sleeping baby.

Smells like my baby's shampoo.

Feels like my husband and son squishing me with hugs and attacking me with kisses before "nigh-nigh".

Have I mentioned lately I love you? And your writing? And that beautiful baby of yours? And I guess I like Chris well enough, too. :)

Jean said...

Awww, that's so sweet!!!!