Friday, January 13, 2012

12of12 January

  1. Taking Kanien home we passed the missionaries. We passed them again on our way home, even whiter from the blowing snow this time. I hurried inside to make them hot chocolate, but couldn't find them then, despite driving around the neighborhood for a while.
  2. Millie missed her morning nap and was a champ. Though on our hunt for the missionaries she finally crashed, but woke up smiling.
  3. It was cold and blustery. A big change from the high 50s we'd been having.
  4. Playing on her new rug. Chris loved hauling a 5x7 rug through the airport, but it was worth it!
  5. Some people rescue puppies. I rescue amaryllises from the Target clearance rack.
  6. We spent the morning helping a friend clean and pack in preparation for moving. These were the spoils of baby food we got from helping clean. Mary was beyond generous.
  7. A bowl of sunshine on a cold day. I can't resist when it is on sale for 99¢/pineapple (again).
  8. Oh, no big deal. I'm just big, kneeling in front of my toy basket.
  9. The bookshelf is becoming an increasingly unsafe playground. Don't worry, I've removed the really heavy clock from the top shelf.
  10. Her nap schedule was really off and she didn't take an afternoon nap. Reading The Snowy Day to help her calm down. Note the red puffy eyes.
  11. Dinner of ham & 17 bean soup and homemade artisan bread. It was so good. Almost baffling good.
  12. After a cold and windy trip to Target (Chris's idea, for once), we had a good time laughing at Millie before bed. In trying to take my hat off her head she repeatedly kept pulling herself off balance and falling over.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love these tidbits. I cannot believe your pineapple is so cheap again.

I wished you could have found the missionaries. Probably not as much as they wish you had found them though.